5/10/2007

Game of gossip or good news?

The Congressional Quarterly’s Craig Crawford told MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough this morning that Don Imus had talked with frequent MSNBC contributor and sub host Mike Barnacle of Boston and had told Barnacle he had “a deal to come back in the fall,” presumable to MSNBC.

That’s hearing it through the grapevine, and Barnacle’s veracity has been challenged in the past, but I hope the report is true.

Maybe all it took to convince NBC President Steve Capus and the other suits of what they had in the I-man is the string of guest hosts MSNBC has tried out in the morning time slot since he was fired.


UPDATE, 5/11/2007:

In the last 24 hours, I've had about 100 visitors to this post via a single link. If you support Don Imus and hope he returns to broadcasting, please scroll down the left hand column of my blog, below my photo and counters and check out the links to all my I-man posts under "defending Don Imus." Thanks! B.J.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me this is so. It's already been a month since the deed was done and mornings are still empty space.
It is embarrassing to watch others fill the time slot. Just run another documentary. Or better, pick out politically correct "Best of Imus" shows and rerun those.
If I have to choose between interviews with Hillary or having Imus and crew back on, I vote Imus. I can listen to her say nothing on any station. When I wanted to hear her, she was joining in the chorus led by the neocons. Trying to sing a new song is lame now. Give me someone with backbone(Imus)or no one at all.

B.J. said...

Well, Anon, coming up on 200 visitors to this post via links, and you're the first to leave a comment. I am thrilled.

I wish I could tell you this report is true, but guess we'll have to wait and see what Imus does.

We are very much in agreement about the I-man. God, how I miss them all!

We differ on Hillary Clinton. I am as liberal as you're gonna get, and I admire the woman tremendously for her mind and her efforts. As first lady. She was America's ambassador to the world, promoting the rights of women and children. I have endorsed her on my blog, but have not yet written all my reasons, so I won't say anything further.

I do wish you would read my last two posts. I don't dwell on the media, but it is a subject close to my heart as a retired newspaper editor. I think you will get a feel for my politics if you come back to my blog.

Thanks for commenting! :-) BJ