8/08/2007

'I used to feel so uninspired'

From “A Woman in Charge: The Life of Hillary Rodham Clinton” by Carl Bernstein, 2007:

“Hillary is neither the demon of the right’s perception, nor a feminist saint. Here is a story of strength and vulnerability, a woman’s story. She is an intelligent woman endowed with energy, enthusiasm, humor, tempestuousness, inner strength, spontaneity in private, lethal (almost) powers of retribution, real-life lines that come from deep wounds, and the language skills of a sailor and of a minister, all evidence of her passion—which, deep down, is perhaps her most enduring and even endearing trait.”

A natural woman, a natural leader.

2 comments:

airth10 said...

Go Hillary!

B.J. said...

Airth10:

I love your comment. I like the "idealism" of Barack Obama, but I honestly think he's not ready to handle the job. My dream team would be Hillary for prez and Barack for veep. That would put Barack in a pretty good position to run in eight years. He's young enough. I do wish they had not fallen into the mistake of going after each other. When people ask me why I'm for Hillary, I tell them: when you go to the race track, you bet on a winner, and this time we HAVE TO HAVE a winner. The fact that I read her "Living History" and Bill's "My Life" cemented my support. I am tired of commentators talking about her "shrill" voice. To me that's sexist, because a man doesn't get criticized when he talks loud, and it's because she's a woman with a woman's voice that they are criticizing her. BJ



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.