6/15/2007

Ruth Bell Graham, 1920-2007

"I am so grateful to the Lord that He gave me Ruth, and especially for these last few years we've had in the mountains together. We've rekindled the romance of our youth, and my love for her continued to grow deeper every day. I will miss her terribly, and look forward even more to the day I can join her in Heaven."
~ Billy Graham, evangelist

Obituary: LINK
Funeral arrangements: LINK

***

Ruth Bell Graham had wanted to be buried near the chapat at Little Piney Cove in Montreat, N.C., where she reared her five children in the home of her parents, medical missionaries who fled a war-torn China.

That she will be laid to rest at the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte, a decision Billy Graham said was made “after much prayer and discussion,” seems bittersweet to those who followed the family’s discord over Ruth’s wishes. See my post of 3 June 2007: LINK

No comments: